As part of its ongoing work to integrate ICT (information & communication technology) into early crime prevention, CJCP is in the process of developing a mobile-friendly platform that will allow child victims of crime to access services.
The purpose of the platform is to ensure that those children who choose not to make formal reports can still access services such as counselling and support.
The platform works as follows:
- The child accesses the platform via a cellphone or the internet.
- The child enters non-identifying information, such as age, gender, location and what has happened to them.
- The child also indicates what steps they have taken to date regarding being victimised.
- The child clicks "enter".
- The platform matches the child with their nearest service provider, using a keyword-matching algorithm.
- The child is then in a position to make contact with the listed services providers in their own time.